(Last reviewed 14 January 2021)
Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regard to the collection and use of personal data.
We are committed to:
- ensuring that we comply with the seven data protection principles, and our legal obligations under current legislation
- ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
- processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements
- taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate
- establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
- ensuring that data subjects’ rights (including those to have access to the data about them held by us, and to correct any errors) can be appropriately exercised
- providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
- taking steps to make trustees and instructors aware of good practice in data protection
- ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to FA, are dealt with effectively and promptly
- regularly reviewing our data protection procedures.
 (1) Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully. (2) Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes. (3) Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed. (4) Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. (5) Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. (6) Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the data protection legislation. (7) Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.