Conduct for Board and Management Group Members
(Last reviewed 8 July 2021)
It is the responsibility of Board and Management Group Members to:
- Act within the governing document and the law – being aware of the contents of Forever Active’s governing document and the law as it applies to Forever Active
- Act in the best interests of the organisation as a whole – considering what is best for the organisation and its beneficiaries and avoiding bringing it into disrepute.
- Manage conflicts of interest effectively – registering, declaring and resolving conflicts of interest. Not gaining materially or financially unless specifically authorised to do so.
- Respect confidentiality – understanding what confidentiality means in practice for Forever Active, its board and the individuals involved.
- Have a sound and up-to-date knowledge of the organisation and its environment – understanding how Forever Active works and the environment within which it operates.
- Attend meetings and other appointments or give apologies – engaging in discussions and decision-making processes.
- Prepare fully for meetings and all work for the organisation – reading papers, querying unclear or difficult things and thinking through issues in good time before meetings.
- Actively engage in respectful discussion, debate and voting in meetings – contributing positively, listening carefully, challenging sensitively and avoiding conflict.
- Act jointly and accept a majority decision – making decisions collectively, standing by them and not acting individually unless specifically authorised to do so.
- Work considerately and respectfully with all – respecting diversity, different roles and boundaries, and avoiding giving offence