The affordable health club for the over 50s and those returning to a more active lifestyle in Cambridgeshire… Click HERE to read more
We are asking everyone who goes to classes to become a Forever Active member – It’s only £15 a year and the money helps us to put on more of the classes you enjoy. Please click here to download the membership application form or alternatively ask your class instructors for a copy
NEW CLASSES FOR 2016:
- New Evening Yoga Class on Tuesdays, 7-8pm at St Andrew’s Centre, Histon
- FITSTEPS – Dance yourself fit to the Cha Cha, Jive, Waltz and Quickstep!
For more information on these new classes please see our Classes page.
Don’t forget…all Forever Active members have access to a discount price for swimming at Parkside Pool on Wednesdays and Abbey Pool on Fridays from 10am-1pm at both venues. Just £2 per session when you show your membership card.Click here to view the 2016 brochure
The latest Forever Active news including information on this year’s events and new classes taking place!
Reasons to be Forever Active……
By taking part in 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity a week you can significantly reduce your risk of the following medical conditions:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia