The affordable health club for the over 50s and those returning to a more active lifestyle in Cambridgeshire… Click HERE to read more
OUT NOW: New Forever Active Membership Form for 2016-2017. Please click here to download the membership application form or alternatively ask your class instructors for a copy.
We are asking everyone who goes to classes to become a Forever Active member – It’s only £15 a year and the money helps us to put on more of the classes you enjoy.
- New Evening Yoga Class on Tuesdays, 7-8pm at St Andrew’s Centre, Histon
- FITSTEPS – Dance yourself fit to the Cha Cha, Jive, Waltz and Quickstep!
- Summer Swimming – all Forever Active members have access to weekly over 50’s swimming sessions at both Parkside and Abbey swimming pools. For just £2 per session when you show your membership card, you can swim at parkside on Wednesdays or Abbey Pool on Fridays, from 10am-1pm. Take a splash this summer!
- COMING SOON: Walking Cricket in partnership with Cambridge Cricket Board.
For more information on these classes please see our Classes page.Click here to view the 2016 brochure
The latest Forever Active news including information on this year’s events and new classes taking place!
New 2016-2017 Membership Form is now available. Download from our website by clicking here or ask your instructor for a copy.
Reasons to be Forever Active……
By taking part in 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity a week you can significantly reduce your risk of the following medical conditions:
- up to a 35% lower risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- up to a 50% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
- up to a 50% lower risk of colon cancer
- up to a 20% lower risk of breast cancer
- a 30% lower risk of early death
- up to an 83% lower risk of osteoarthritis
- up to a 68% lower risk of hip fracture
- a 30% lower risk of falls (among older adults)
- up to a 30% lower risk of depression
- up to a 30% lower risk of dementia